You need to have your roof repaired, but you’re not quite sure who you should hire.
You’re not a roofing expert (well I’d hope not or else you wouldn’t be reading this post).
But how do you know who to hire when it comes to fixing your roof? Do you just shop around for the best quote? Do you look for someone who seems more professional? How do you protect yourself from getting scammed or getting a poor quality roof installed?
Well, I’m glad you’re asking these questions, because it’s critical to know who to trust when spending so much money on a very important part of your home.
This company made a decent video titled: The 3 Most Important Questions To Ask When Hiring A Roofer – check it out.
There are probably a few other things you should look for when hiring a trustworthy roofing contractor:
- Ask them how long they’ve been in business – if they’ve been in business for at least 3 years you should be in the clear, because they’ve got some experience under their belt and you don’t want to hire the someone who hasn’t been around too long or else you might become their guinea pig AND you want to know they’ll be around to support their warranty.
- Ask them what types of insurance do they have – they should have at a minimum flood, fire, and some type of liability insurance.
- Ask them what type of warranties they offer – there are two types of warranties:
- A Performance Warranty – you are 100% covered no matter what happens to the roof
- A Leaks Only Warranty – means that if your roof isn’t leaking then you don’t have a warranty (clearly you want a performance warranty, which is why you should ask)
Well I hope you found this useful. Let us know if you have any questions.